Saturday, October 11, 2008

Is This Scary or What?

I came across this video the other day and was appalled. The thought of Americans spewing this type of venom made me truly sad. It scares me to think that this is happening in our country. With all that we as a people are facing right now, I find it hard to believe that we have made little progress in the area of racism. Or is this plain ignorance? I find that hard to believe in an era where information is just a click away. It seems to me with all the problems we as a country are currently dealing with right now like the economy, people losing their homes, the loss of jobs, the price of gas, and so much uncertainty, that instead of spreading fear and division, we should be coming together. If anything, these trying times are an opportunity for us to step up to the plate and show how together we are. People are hurting. Why add such ugliness?

Watch and see for yourself.

No comments: