Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Real Earnest

When your husband begins a sentence with, "You're not going to like this, but sit down, we need to talk, I have something to tell you," is never a good sign.

In fact, my initial response is to turn and run.

When Earnest said this yesterday, I did my best to stay composed and asked, "What did you do now Earnest?"

At this point I have to cut and go back to the past and remember his vows to me at our wedding ceremony some thirteen years ago.

He promised me many things that day but he made a point to say that my life would never be boring. At the time I thought it odd, but was caught up in the moment. Now, I clearly see what he meant.

I have to go on record that my husband is probably the most unique individual I have ever met. He at times amazes me with his genius mind and there are times he leaves me baffled. He goes from being super serious one moment, spewing out great wisdom, to saying the silliest things, from out-of-nowhere! (I must admit that I cannot keep up with him.)

Sometimes he will just blurt something out that has nothing to do with what is happening at the moment. He's just responding to something we spoke about earlier like remembering a person's name.

To say that I would never be bored is such an understatement!

I never know from one day to the next what will come out of his mouth or what zany idea he has cooking up in his mind.

All I know is that whatever he is up to it will involve me having to do something that leaves me scratching my head or me giving him that blank stare and wondering, "Have you lost your mind?"

In the end, it always turns out for the best, but not until we have gone on some type of adventure be it emotional, mental, spiritual or even physical. I never know.

I'm starting to wonder if he is even human.

He even has energy like no one I have ever met. He can work from 6 a.m. until 12:00 midnight every day (including weekends) and wake up all happy and ready to go at it again. He sings, dances and even thinks he can dance like Beyonce and does a great impression of 'All the Single Ladies'.

How he does it, just blows my mind. I get up at the same time, but by 9:30 p.m. I'm nodding off. Heck, I sometimes have my pajamas on by 6:00 p.m. and he looks at me like I'm boo boo the fool!

So what was it that he had to tell me that I was not going to like? Well, stay tuned. I will know more on Monday of this upcoming week. Let's just say, get ready folks, this will go down as one of the craziest things that Earnest and I have ever done.

I just hope that I live to tell the story.

3 comments:

Zen said...

It is all about the Journey... let the adventure begin. We'll be waiting LoL

Dianna Perales-Harris said...

It's all an adventure, isn't it?

Shirl said...

The suspense is killing me. I can't wait to read the next post!