Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy (Thanksgiving) Valentine's Day!

That's right! Happy Thanksgiving Valentine's Day!

This year the Harris family decided to combine holidays so we celebrated Valentine's Day with a turkey dinner. All that was missing was the cranberry sauce and my famous chocolate pie! I'm thinking I'll run out in a bit, pick up some cranberry sauce and cut the jellied cranberry into little hearts for leftovers this evening for presentation! Ahhh...who said I'm not the romantic type? Oh that was me.

But, I am thankful today as I am every day. Thankful for the the family I have. Thankful for all our friends. Thankful for our home and all our companies. And thankful for the fact that as crazy as the world seems right now with the economy, the jobless rate, and the amount of suffering that we know is happening, that our family is together and we are happy and we haven't stopped laughing.

To be honest I don't know how we do it!

As my 11 year old son put it the other day when he questioned both me and my husband, "Is that all you guys do all day, just crack each other up and laugh all the time?"

Earnest and I looked at each other, thought about it for a second and burst out laughing. "Not ALL day!", we both responded.

The truth is, we do! We have to laugh. Laugh with each other and continue to love each other and be thankful for each other. It seems to me that when things are as tough as they are right now, my practice says, dig in deep. Change will happen. And until it does, keep loving, be thankful and whatever you do, don't stop laughing.

Happy Thanksgiving Valentine's Day!

No comments: