Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Joy of Eating and Sleeping

The other day I was thinking about my happiest moments and asked my husband, Earnest, "Babe, when am I the most happiest?"

He paused for a moment and said' "Oh, that's easy. When you're sleeping!"

I was shocked by his answer and refused to believe it. So he suggested that I ask our kids Lawrence, our 11 year old son and Maria, our 10 year old daughter. He promised that he would not prep them and that he was 100% sure that they would also come up with the same answer.

I turned my nose up at him and told him, "There is no way our kids will ever say that about me."

During the Super Bowl game today, I took a little nap during the second half of the game and when I awoke, Earnest and I both remembered my question about my happiest moments.

So, Earnest being the fair person that he is, asked the children, without leading them in any way, "Kids, when is mom the most happiest?"

Maria, thought about it for a minute and replied, "When you're eating and sleeping."

Lawrence, who couldn't wait to chime in, then put his two cents in and said, "Yeah mom, you're like a baby because you wake up and you eat and then you go back to sleep. And if you don't get your sleep and if the food doesn't taste good, even if you're the one who made it, you get mad!"

Who knew?

1 comment:

Zen said...

Out of the mouth of babe's
LOL!!