Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ode To Earnest


What does one do when one wakes up nearly every morning to a partner of 17 years and the first thing out of his mouth and sounding like a little child is, "Where's my love?"

What is one to think about someone who as soon as he gets out of bed he is singing a new song? (The song usually being an old '70's song. And to this day, he has never repeated any of the songs to my recollection!)

What is one to do when their partner, while putting his clothes on for the day, is dancing? And it is usually to a drum cadence that he made up some 17 plus years ago as he marches around the room mimicking the Grambling Band Drum Majors!

What is one to believe about their partner when after he finishes his morning meditation, he pretends to fall off the meditation cushion and back into reality? And is so dramatic about it!

What is one to ponder when throughout the day, their partner has a child-like attitude towards life, not letting anything ruffle his feathers? And as he works on various projects, he literally changes his hats all day long! The funniest being a Saints helmet that is really a snack bowl, but it fits!

Answers: I haven't a clue!

All I know is that life with Earnest Harris is always an adventure. With him, all day long is play time, and yet he one of the busiest people I know!

I don't know how he does it because he finds time to be a remarkable father, a loving and doting husband, an inspiring writer, a wonderful film producer, and a talented director. And so much more, but that is another blog!

What I do know is that in his presence, he inspires me and everyone around him to be a better person and personally, I am better for having known him.

Thank you Earnest!






No comments: