Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life With Dianna

I had an Ikea moment the other day. Well almost an Ikea moment. Have you seen the commercial where the lady runs out of Ikea and as she is walking quickly to the car she yells to her husband who is waiting in the car, "Start the car! Start the car!", as if it is some kind of bank heist and they need to get away quickly before the store clerk realizes she undercharged her?

My husband and I were at Ralph's (our local grocer) picking up a few items. Several from the frozen food section. I forgot to grab a small basket at the entrance of the store and the items I had in my hands were very cold. I have no idea why grocery stores are so darn cold. Well actually I do, but that doesn't stop me from mumbling under my breath, "Could somebody please close the refridgerator door!"

Anyway, my hands were freezing so I took off running with all the cold items in my hands towards the entrance to get a small basket. I was hunched over because I was freezing and must have looked like I was running towards a football goal line as I clasped the frozen food under my arm as if I were going in for a touchdown. As I grabbed the basket and I turned back to see if Earnest was waiting for me, he had a bewildered look on his face. Apparently he didn't hear me say I was going to get a basket. He was appalled! He looked scared. Really scared and worried.

When I caught up to Earnest, he had a look of relief on his face and said, "Babe, I know these are hard times, but we CAN afford these groceries. I had no idea what you were doing when you took off. I thought you were making a run for the door without paying and I wasn't sure if I should cause a diversion or what I should do." To which I replied, "Start the car! Start the car!", "Whoaaaa!"

Total Grocery Bill: $15.91
Look on Earnest's Face When He Thought I Was Stealing: Priceless

1 comment:

Zen said...

Now that's funny! I can see the whole thing.